Angela has been helping people of all ages to live their best life for over 30 years! She is a couples and family counsellor and provides clinical supervision with a specialization in strengths-based and art-based supervision. Angela is passionate about partnering with clients to obtain results from the counselling process, at any stage of their journey. Are you looking for a counsellor who:
- Celebrates with clients as they reach their goals and gains a sense of personal freedom?
- Helps children learn to identify and voice their feelings?
- Supports couples to end high conflict cycles and create fondness and admiration in their relationship?
- Helps clients discover relaxation strategies they can count on to foster peace, health, and clear thinking?
- Bridges opportunities for warmth, trust, connection and understanding between a parent and child?
- Facilitates groups that increase participant’s awareness and commitment to mental health and wellness?
- Supports family members to understand one another’s perspectives in healthy new ways?
- Teaches clients strategies to cope with ADHD or reduce anxiety through breaking down tasks, and developing time management, communication, and relaxation skills?
- Holds a safe space for clients who have limited experiences of being heard and understood
- Offers inspiring dialogues about creativity and witnesses clients of all ages reconnect with their creative source and fall in love with making art, crafts, music, storytelling or other creative outlet?
- Helps identify, support or increase safety for a child, teen or adult?
- Creates a safe place for clients to express loss for a loved one they may be separated from due to any number of situations, relationship dynamics or because their loved one has died?
- Looks and listens for the many opportunities clients can be proud of themselves but who may not be consciously aware or verbalized yet?
- Helps clients link past success with recent success opportunities?
Angela is a registered clinical counsellor (RCC), Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC) Registered Canadian Art Therapist (RCAT) and a Registered Art Therapist in BC. Angela supports individuals seeking a nurturing and safe milieu to explore widespread personal, couple and family-related issues. Additional, areas of concentration include career and vocation counselling, retirement, self-care, and corporate mental health and wellness.
Angela’s practice includes the use of evidence-based practices and draws from the theoretical orientations of Solution Focussed, CBT, MBCT and the Gottman Method (for couples); as well as, rich Transpersonal and experiential approaches that include Art Therapy, Sand & Play Therapy, SoulCollage, Labyrinth Walks, Therapeutic Writing and Nature Therapy.
BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)
Canadian Art Therapy Association
Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association
BC Art Therapy Association