Dr. Carla Fry is a Registered Psychologist specializing in treatment and consultations across the lifespan. She provides a framework which uses evidence-based interventions to support clients to flourish in the face of their challenges.
She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques, such as play therapy, biofeedback and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client.
With her relaxed and approachable style, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
- supporting adults and young adults to achieve their goals and to adjust to life transitions
- helping adults and youth of all ages to reduce anxiety, stress and depressive symptoms
- assisting individuals and families with managing chronic medical conditions
- helping people to be resilient in the face of traumas, social concerns, family stress, sleep, pain & self-esteem challenges
Dr. Fry enjoys presenting seminars to general audiences speaking on the topics of raising relaxed children, raising grateful and kind children, reducing anxiety for teens and children, stress management, the importance of play for our children, among other topics.
She regularly offers educational classes for youth, ‘tweens & children to teach them how to Chill Out and she supervises graduate students at Simon Fraser University and Adler University.
Dr. Fry is an interactive, solution-focused therapist. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. Her clinical focus is often to help people to find contentment with their past, happiness in the present, and hope for the future.
- College of Psychologists of British Columbia (CPBC)
- BC Psychological Association (BCPA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Canadian Positive Psychology Association (CPPA)
- Western Positive Psychology Association (WPPA)